Wednesday, March 23, 2005

How to Start a Startup

I've dreamed of starting my own startup ever since grad school. At the time the inspiration was the story of this bunch of geeks from Stanford and Berkeley who put a workstation together with open system software and started selling it, and turned it into such a huge success that some of the founders retired before the age of 30. Well, you guessed it, it was Sun Microsystems.

Then I got out of school and landed a relatively stable job. The Internet bubble came and gone. Some of my friends joined startups, but none that I know of made it big so they could retire. The stories of yahoo, amazon, google became legends. And I've always kept my dream alive, just never executed it.

Here I am, reading Paul Graham's rant on how to start a startup. He set the upper age limit at 38 for someone to start a startup. I think I am ready.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, have you done it?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Rong said...

Well, just about. :)

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home